Why TLP made this Class:
Generation Z is the newest generation to be named and they were born between 1995 and 2015. As we write this in 2021, Gen Z’s are currently between 6 and 26 years old. There are about 74 million of you in the United States, and we figure a fair number of you will do what every generation before you has done, start your careers in the City that Never Sleeps!
This class is part of a series designed to help members of Generation Z, who did not grow up in New York City, and who are arriving here for their first job or to otherwise make their fortunes. Whether you are headed for Wall Street, the arts, a tech startup, or whether you are here to continue your education, the Tenant Learning Platform has your back when it comes to your NYC housing.
This class is for the following people:
This class will be helpful to any apartment seeker who is new to the in’s and out’s and what-have-you’s of NYC housing. You do not have to be a member of Generation Z for the material to be relevant to you. Nor do you even have to be from outside NYC – maybe you grew up in your parents’ house in Queens and never had to think about renting an apartment on your own before. Indeed, you may even find this material enlightening if you have lived in NYC for a few years and now you are looking for a new apartment.
In this class, you will learn:
- The difference between leasing a free-market apartment vs. a Rent Stabilized apartment and why it matters
- The pros and cons of renting your own apartment
- The New York State law on a tenant’s right to sublet
- The implications of subletting in co-ops or Rent Stabilized apartments
- The pros and cons of subletting
- Why being a roommate is different than subletting
- Why subleasing just a bedroom in a regular apartment is not legal
- The New York State law on a tenant’s right to a roommate
- The pros and cons of being a roommate
- The definition of co-living
- Why co-living is not single room occupancy
- What to look out for before going in to a co-living situation
What will you be able to do after you fully take this class?
After you fully take Module 1 of “Generation Z Welcome to Your First NYC Apartment”, you will be able to make an educated decision about whether to rent your own apartment, sublet someone’s apartment, become someone’s roommate, or to rent in a co-living facility.
Elements of this Class:
Email [email protected] for a special Promo Code to take advantage of these great offers!
- Buy 2 any classes = $185
- Buy 3 any classes = $225
- Buy 4 any classes = $275
- Buy 5 any classes = $350